Question:
Cafe Press vs Printfection vs Zazzle?
MT63
2011-04-02 08:37:21 UTC
I am looking to open an online storefront in conjunction with a blog site I operate. I would like to sell t-shirts and other merchandise with our logos, and possibly photos, printed on them. In my searches I have found Cafe Press, Printfection, and Zazzle to all be possible options, and I am looking for some insight into the benefits of each.

I have seen some people question the quality of Cafe Press and Zazzle when it comes to printing quality on clothing. Printfection seems to be rated the highest in this aspect. But Printfection also seems to get less traffic and have more limited options.

So, any opinions? Personal experiences? Horror stories?
Three answers:
2011-04-03 10:14:05 UTC
I have experience with and shops on all three. I no longer produce new designs for Cafepress as they changed their pricing plan to only pay the designer 10 percent of the wholesale price for any Marketplace sale. Zazzle and Printfection support designer pricing - the designer sets the amount they wish to make on each design

Both Zazzle and Cafepress have a robust Marketplace. But even with their Marketplace a designer will be lost in the crowd. Your own blog and marketing efforts are necessary for success. As fulfillment providers Printfection is the one that easily provides for White Label (you can show your URL in place of Printfection). As such, Printfections Marketplace is minimal as most designers prefer to brand their item themselves and view Printfection as no more than a fulfillment provider.

If you are using a Wordpress blog Zazzle has a widget making it very easy to integrate your products into the blog. Printfection makes it very easy to mask their URL with your own (via DNS) so if your shop design is similar, the shop appears to be an integral part of your website

All three produce quality products, but as with any manufacturer there are glitches and will be horror stories. Those that have had problems with Cafepress, Zazzle or Printfection are vocal while those that never have a problem have no reason to be. All three have a robust return policy. I have had issues with products from all three and in each case the return and replacement was smooth and without a problem.

Product wise, both Zazzle and Cafepress provide a wide range of products and continue to add new products. Printfection has a limited product line and rarely adds new products.
2016-11-02 07:18:01 UTC
Printfection
Laverna
2016-05-14 11:39:13 UTC
A paid survey is a type of study that allows you to share your thoughts and viewpoints about brand names and their items in exchange for an incentive, such as a benefit or cash.